Shrimps and rice casserole is an Ideal dish for busy cookers who seek happy meals full of nutrients to keep their family members well fed. Though it’s common as a lunch dish, it can be served for dinner.
- This high in Carb dish is suitable any time of the day, as a main or side dish.
- Its’ shrimp basic ingredient makes it full of minerals and healthy oil.
- This easy recipe suits serving as family dinner or during huge meals.
- 4 Cups AbuKass rice, cooked
- 1½ Shrimps, shelled and deveined
- 2 Onions, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. curry powder
- 4 Cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp. ginger, grated
- 1 Tbsp. Chili pepper, ground
- 2 Cups coconut milk
- 2 Scallions, minced
- ½ Bunch cilantro, minced
- 1 Lime juice, freshly squeezed
- Salt & pepper as desired
To prepare shrimps:
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat, add shrimps and sauté until partially cooked.
- Pour in coconut milk, cilantro, green onions, lime juice, and desired spices. Simmer until shrimp are well done. Season with salt and pepper.
To prepare sauce:
- In a large skillet, heat oil, add onions; sauté until golden. Add garlic and all spices; stir 1 minute. Add puree tomatoes with juices in processor until almost smooth. Add onion mixture; puree until almost smooth. Season to desired taste with salt and spices.
To combine dish:
- In serving plate, pour rice then top with sauce, and finally with shrimps mixture.
Serve hot or warm with yogurt.