- Though it’s widely spread in Middle East, it originates from Greece.
- This authentic Mediterranean dish could be adjusted to satisfy all tastes including vegetarians.
- 2 Cups of AbuKass Rice
- ½ Kg Ground Beef
- 8 green bell peppers
- 2 cans tomato sauce
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- Water to cover pepper in pot
- Spices as desired
- Salt & pepper as desired
- Place peppers in large pot, cover with water, tomato sauce and tomato paste, bring to boil then cover and reduce heat, and cook for 30 – 45 minutes.
- Open peppers from head, stuff with rice and meat.
- In medium bowl, mix washed rice with meat and spices.
Remove peppers gently and carefully, serve dish warm.