How about a special dish that will impress your family? Despite the time involved in preparation, this dish is worth the time and effort, you can also submit it with rice or pasta.
The recipe features:
- This dish is suitable for all family members.
- You can make this dish for special banquets or during Ramadan.
- You can add chopped meat to the rice if you have children who cannot eat chicken for their young age.
- 2 cups of Abukass rice
- 2 cups chicken broth or water
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon of diverse spices for seasoning
- Salt and black pepper for taste
- Sautéed almonds or pine for padding
- 6 pieces whole chicken drumsticks
- 1 teaspoon diverse spices for seasoning
- 2 large potatoes cut in medium cubes
- 1 onion
- 2 green peppers, minced
- Preheat the oven and hold the bottom shelf.
- In a medium saucepan heat the oil and add the onions and garlic and toss for two minutes, add the rice, spices, salt and pepper. Let cook over low heat for 15 minutes. After it cools add pine or fried almonds and toss gently with the rice.
- To prepare the chicken: rub the tighs with spices, salt and pepper, in the inner part of the thigh Look for the big bone in within and remove it to put the stuffing in its place.
- Put the rice stuffing in each thigh and then hold the two sides with wooden sticks.
- Put the thighs in the oven tran, and scatter around it potatoes, onions, peppers and carrots. Pour the rest of the salt, spices and pepper on the mix.
- Put a little sprinkle of olive oil and cover the tray with aluminum foil.
- Put the dish in the oven for one hour or until the chicken is cooked completely.
Serve hot with milk and green salad.