- Though it sounds as typically Mexican, this old Japanese dish is popular in Okinawa, where it’s often served as school lunch.
- Yet, “taco” is the well internationally known taco-flavored ground beef served with tomato, cheese and topped with salsa.
- 1½ Cups of AbuKass Rice
- ½ Kg Ground Beef
- ½ Cup Chopped Onion
- 1½ Cup Cold Water
- 1½ Cups Zucchini, Thin Sliced
- Cup baby corn, frozen
- 4 peeled Tomatoes
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Tbsp. Chili Powder
- Taco seasoning & Jalapenos as desired
- Black olives, drained and chopped, if desired
- In a large nonstick skillet; brown ground beef and onions, Drain off and stir in remaining ingredients except rice and cheese.
- Bring mixture to boil then stir in rice, reduce heat to a low and cook 7 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Sprinkle with cheese and recover until cheese is melted.
Serve dish warm with fresh corn bread, garnish with tomatoes and cilantro.