Lentils are a very rich sources of material such as lutein, which is believed to have a role in the prevention of blindness among the elderly. It also gives the body a nutritional balance being a good source of vegetable protein and fiber that helps the intestine digestion and resists constipation.
- ½ cup of boiled Abukass Rice
- 1 cup red lentils
- 5 cups water or chicken broth
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 well grown tomatoes
- Cumin, salt and black pepper for taste
- The lentils are first washed and drained, then pour water over them and boil on low heat until they become homogeneous.
- Cut the tomatoes and add them to the lentils with garlic, cumin, salt and black pepper.
- Boil the soup over low heat for 20 minutes and then put all the ingredients in a blender and pour them again in the pan and leave on very low heat, tossing them from time to time