Tips about the dish:
There are many ways to prepare the Maklouba both of which vary by region and tastes, and these differences are related to the components and the types of vegetables that are added to it. You can choose vegetables that are in line with the taste of your family members.
- 3 cups of Abukass Rice
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 whole chicken, cut into 4 parts
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into slices
- 2 eggplant, cut into medium slices
- 1 cauliflower cut into small flowers
- 1 onion, cut into slices
- Oil for frying
- Salt and pepper for taste
- Ground cinnamon, dry coriander, cardamom, cumin, turmeric
- Fry onions in a medium saucepan until golden and then add the chicken pieces and fry on both sides. Add the spices for taste, then the water and boil the chicken as usual.
- Fry the vegetables in a deep frying pan each aside, while the rice soaks in warm water.
- Drain the water from the rice. Add the salt and black pepper.
- In a large rice cooker and vegetables in the form of layers, add the broth and cook over medium heat for about an hour.
- Flip the the cooker on a flat serving plate right before serving the dish.