This salad is a great change with its colorful and fresh ingredients. Unlike traditional salads it can be made ahead sometime and quickly assembled at serving time.
- This dish could be served alone for vegetarians or as side dish with almost any meat.
- It contains many nutrients that make it enough to be served alone at one meal.
Serves: family of 4 persons
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: None
- 1½ Cup AbuKass rice, cooked
- Cup red kidney beans, rinsed
- Cups corn, thawed
- Onion, chopped
- Cups lettuce, shredded
- Tbsp. oregano, crushed
- Cup cheese (as desired), shredded
- ½ Cup cilantro, chopped
- Cups bread crumbs
- ½ Cup blue cheese salsa
- Salt and pepper as desired
- In a nonstick skillet stir onion for around 3 minutes then add corn. Add in half portion of chopped tomato then rice, beans, chili and salt.
- Cook while stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes on low heat until the tomato cooks down.
- In a deep bowl combine remaining portion of chopped tomato, cilantro, salsa and oregano.
- Prepare large bowl for serving; pour lettuce then rice mixture, half the portion of blue cheese salsa. Garnish with bread crumbs and remaining blue cheese salsa.
Garnish with lemon wedges if desired.